Pink is great. Hot pink is even better. Pink to me represents things that are feminine, pretty, and awesome.
But pink also is a means of supporting cancer research and prevention. People everywhere are affected greatly by the effects of cancer; and whether directly or indirectly, it affects everyone.
When it affects you personally, there is a real need to do something positive in that regard. But what positive things can be done? There are a lot of ways to assist when it comes to cancer research and prevention. Many are monetary. It takes money to do pharmaceutical research, develop new treatments, optimal dosages, conduct drug trials. There’s also the natural view of healing, which is getting more attention recently.
But there are other things that can be done, as well. We’ve all heard it before. Eat well. Get regular exercise. Get enough rest. That’s where the health and fitness topics come in. There are lots of studies and information out there showing that cancer is preventable. Yup, I said it. Preventable.
Here are the goals I will attempt to accomplish with this blog:
1) I will do my best to highlight information I find that is interesting, new or important when it comes to cancer research and studies that are being conducted. Cancer research is going strong, but there are always new findings. If it is important, if it is interesting, or inspiring, I’ll write about it. Otherwise, I won’t.
2) I’ll also include bits about health, fitness, and things we can do to assist in cancer prevention. Believe it or not, there’s a lot of information out there that says it can be prevented. More about that in future posts.
3) I also want to include upcoming athletic events, like fun runs, walks, rides, that all benefit cancer foundations and research. There’s good information that regular exercise reduces risk factors for many health problems, including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, to name a few.
4) That’s where hot pink comes in. Don’t get me wrong, I like regular pink and all. Even ribbons. But give me some awesome hot pink products that also benefit cancer research, and I’m so there. I aim to have a page that will present cool products that not only are hot pink, but that support cancer research.
Doing what I can about promoting health and cancer prevention matters to me. I hope it will matter to you.
Thanks for reading.
Related News Items
- Doctors Health Press Reports on Study: Multivitamins Play a Role in Cancer Prevention (prweb.com)
- Should Chocolate Be Added to the Colon Cancer Prevention Diet? Recent Study Says Yes (berries.com)
- Colonoscopy: Easy, Painless Way of Preventing Cancer (wsaw.com)
- Ways to prevent cancer (allthingshotpink.wordpress.com)
- Genes Providing Clues As To Whether Breast Cancer Prevention Drugs Will Work (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)